Thursday, September 27, 2012

Awesome Plants 2

Last weekend Zach and I spent Saturday morning at a nursery buying every plant that caught my eye. We planted them over the course of the next few days and now our garden is a mish mash of cool looking unidentifiable plants. For this edition of Awesome Plants I present to you Pink and Green Tree ish Plant:


Um, what? Pink leaves? I want a whole forest of these things. If you happen to be a botanist and know what the heck this thing is, please enlighten me. As a bonus, here's my clay frog. Putting clay figurines in your garden is totally for losers but the guy who was making these was super nice, it only cost $1.50 and small things appeal to me.



And, since I paid $80 for him and we need to get our money's worth of cute, here's a bonus shot of the dog! He's sleeping in this position, totally still. Not comfortable.



We're beginning to heat up here in Malawi. Hope everyone in the Northern hemisphere is enjoying the Fall weather! More complaining about the heat to come.

5 comments:

  1. the pink/green tree-ish plant reminds me a little bit of a poinsettia. not exactly, but the way the leaves look like petals of a flower, but they're actually leaves. cool plants you guys got!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that's three votes for poinsettia. Both my Mom and Grandma thought the same!

      Delete
    2. Is is a close relative of the poinsettia. Both are in the genus, Euphorbia, but poinsettia is from Mexico and Central America.

      Delete
  2. It's so natural that small things would appeal to you.

    ReplyDelete