Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Keeping Busy

Hello, hello! I apologize for the silence on the blog for the past few weeks. I've been extraordinarily busy at work and Zach seems to have lost his inspiration. Hopefully it comes back soon. In the meantime I'll update you all on the mundane happenings of life in Malawi.

Two weeks ago we went hiking at Nkhoma mountain, which is a large rock mass about 45 minutes south of Lilongwe in a cute little town with an old mission. We went with our friend David, a pediatrician with Baylor, and Amanda, who works in public health for a nonprofit related to Baylor. Most of you saw the pictures on my or Zach's facebook page so I won't put up many. We had a lovely day though we ended up heading straight up a mountain without a trail to help us (I think we got lost). On the way back to town we also walked by some fishermen and their packs of dogs, who didn't take very kindly to Bay. We made it out alive though and after a coke at the local market (where we also purchased a very special gift for Eric Griffith) we headed back to Lilongwe. That was 2 weeks ago, which means you still have some more mundane weekend updated headed your way.



2 comments:

  1. this is a beautiful photo and NOTHING like what i expected africa to look like...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've felt the same way often about my expectations. I suppose that's one of the main beauties of traveling!

    ReplyDelete