Sunday, November 4, 2012

Car Camping

Another post about going to Dedza two weekends ago...

What happens when you forget the poles to your tent? Why, fold down the seats and camp in the back of your car!

Serena's leg looks broken. Eww.
 One of the perks, I suppose of owning a big ole SUV. Unfortunately, due to body heat we had to crack the windows and the mosquitoes descended upon us like Lilongwe hyenas to roadkill (to be explained later). It was a miserable night all because I failed to check the equipment.

Unfortunately this was the second car camping adventure this summer. In Maine, Eric and I tried to sleep in the rental car with the joys of heat, mosquitoes, and, because it was a sedan, the joys of sleeping with a steering wheel in your belly. Glad these nights are behind me.

2 comments:

  1. hey we are all still waiting to hear about how mosquitoes descend and attack roadkill...! this is edge of our seat kind of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let the good times roll! YOLO. Oh yes, you read that right. I'm hip now, in case you guys haven't heard. I'm one hip mama.

    ReplyDelete