Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Chicken Feeties...Yum

While out in the field last week my coworkers stopped at a small restaurant to have lunch. I declined to join them in their meal and I was sure glad I did since they all had diarrhea the next day. I did, however, taste one thing - these chicken feet. I've always meant to try them since they're so popular in African countries I've gone to. So how were they? Terrible. Absolutely horrendous. They tasted like a toenail fried in fish oil which I think is actually pretty much what they are. Maybe I just got a particularly bad pair.

2 comments:

  1. how do you eat a chicken foot? is it cooked enough that you can chew it? i've eaten pirahna before that were deep fried so the bones sort of crumbled. but this doesn't look nor sound appetizing. bravo for your food bravery, however.

    ReplyDelete
  2. chicken feet are so much better in a nice soup. throw in a head and some feathers and you get whole chicken soup. brazilians love it.

    ReplyDelete